Domain name dispute policy
- You agree to be bound by the Domain Name Dispute Policy (the "Dispute Policy"), as amended from time to time, which is hereby incorporated and made a part of this Agreement by reference. The Domain Name Dispute Policy can be found here.
- The Dispute Policy governs any dispute between you and any party other than us over the registration and use of the domain name. The specific disputes which are subject to the Dispute Policy are contained in the Dispute Policy. You agree that you will be subject to the
provisions specified in the Dispute Policy in effect at the time the domain name registration is disputed by a third party.
Domain name registration information and its use
- Information You are required to Submit
- As part of the registration process, You are required to submit to Edge Interactive Ltd and
keep updated the following information in connection with Your application for domain name registration: (a) the domain name to be registered;(b) the domain name holder's name and mailing address;(c) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the administrative contact for the domain name; and(d) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and fax number of the billing contact for the domain name.
- You shall provide and maintain updated information at all times with Edge Interactive Ltd and at its discretion may refuse to renew any registrations unless You maintain current and updated information at all times.
- Edge Interactive Ltd may from time to time request additional information from You. While not obligated to provide the additional information, You should provide the additional requested information to ensure that You will obtain all the products and Services which Edge Interactive Ltd makes available to domain name registrants.
- Additional Information Maintained about Your Registration
- In Addition to the information You provide, Fasthosts maintain additional information relating to Your domain name registration, including:(a) the original creation date of the registration;(b) the date and time the registration application was submitted to Fasthosts and the appropriate registry;(c) communications constituting registration orders, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence;(d) records of account for Your domain name registration, including dates and amounts of all payments and refunds;(e) the IP names and address of the primary name servers and any secondary name servers;(f) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the technical contact for the domain name;(g) the name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number of the domain registrant for the domain name;(h) the expiration date of the registration; and (i) other information regarding all other activity regarding Your domain name registration and related Services.
Obligations Relating to Data Provided by You
- If in registering a domain name You provide information about a third party, You hereby represent that You have provided notice to and have obtained the express consent from the third party to the disclosure and use of the third party's information as set forth in this Agreement.
Disclosure and Use of Registration Information
- You agree to authorize Fasthosts to provide any information to ICANN, the registry administrators and to other third parties as ICANN and applicable laws may require or permit. You acknowledge and agree Fasthosts may make publicly available, some or all of the domain registration information provided by You, for purposes of inspection such as through Fasthosts's WHOIS Service or for any purpose as required or permitted by ICANN and applicable laws.
- In addition, You acknowledge that ICANN may establish guidelines, limits and requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that Fasthosts may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available.
- You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of information and updated from time to time provide in connection with registration of a domain name, whether during or after term of the registration of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and claims and causes of action You may have arising from such disclosure or use of the domain name registration information.
- You may access Your domain name registration information in Fasthosts's possession via the re-seller Edge Interactive Ltd to review, modify or update such information.
Agents and licences
- You agree that as a re-seller Edge Interactive Ltd have the authority to bind that entity as a principal to all terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
- Edge Interactive will remain the domain name holder of record and and you will remain responsible for all obligations under this Agreement, including payment obligations, and providing and updating Your full contact information, and accurate technical, administrative, billing, and zone contact information adequate to facilitate timely Resolution of any problems that arise in connection with domain name and domain registration.
Website Hosting: Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between You and Edge Interactive under which you may use the hosting services we provide (“Hosting Services”). Your use of the Hosting Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy.
The Hosting Services comprise the provision of web space on our servers to enable you to upload pages and files for the purpose of publishing websites.
You may use the Hosting Services only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Hosting Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does
not comply with our content standards (see section 4)
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or
promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (also known as SPAM)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses,
Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You must not use the Hosting Services as an offsite backup facility. Therefore, all files uploaded to our servers as part of your usage of the Hosting Services must be visible and accessible to the outside world (web-visible) unless they are needed to operate the website of which they form part; We reserve the right to delete files or directories that are not web-visible without giving notice to you.
All pages of websites stored on our servers as part of the Hosting Services will be available to search engines unless you take action to prevent this. If you wish to optimise your web pages for search engines you agree to use coding and techniques which comply fully with the guidelines issued by Google, MSN, Yahoo and other large search engines.
Where you use, or allow the use of, the Hosting Services to host a website on which interactive services (for example, chat rooms or bulletin boards) are provided (“interactive services”), you must ensure the use of best practice to operate those interactive services.
Notwithstanding the use of best practice in operating the interactive services, you must assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service you allowed to be hosted using the Hosting Services and use appropriate moderation in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee or monitor your use of the Hosting Services in relation to any interactive services you provide or allow to be provided.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you allow to be hosted through the Hosting Services (“Material”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Material as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
- Material must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- contain any material that is pornographic
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty
or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal activity
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance,
inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only)
copyright infringement or computer misuse
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Hosting Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy upon which you are permitted to use the Hosting
Services may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hosting Services
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Material (as defined in paragraph 4) uploaded to our servers
- issue of a warning to you
- issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity
basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs)
resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- CMS Website Build (Content Management System) Administration details will be supplied to the client to populate and manage the site at handover stage and following payment of the final 50% invoice.
CMS (Content Management System) If the client requests to transfer a website that contains a CMS to a 3rd party, the 3rd party would be required to hook up & obtain their own CMS administration system, ALL CMS licences are registered to Edge and are not transferable.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Web Hosting Terms & Conditions
We will use our reasonable endeavours to make our servers available to you as part of the Hosting Service you purchase for ninety-nine point nine nine (99.99) per cent of each calendar month. We do not warrant access to our servers will be uninterrupted or error free but we shall use reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum. We shall make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advanced notification of all scheduled and emergency outages through our hosting admin system.
- Service credits are not given for any form of downtime or service unavailability.
- Unless your hosting package explicitly provides this, it is your responsibility to maintain appropriate and up-to-date back-up copies of any data, information or other material you upload (or permit to be uploaded) onto our servers (“Material”) as part of your use of our Hosting Services. In the event of loss of or damage to your Material, you will not be given access to the server back-up we maintain pursuant to our archiving procedure.
- We will follow our archiving procedures for the data stored on our servers. In the event of any loss or damage to our servers, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for us to use reasonable commercial efforts to restore the data on our servers (including your Material) from the latest back-up we maintained in accordance with our archiving procedure. We will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Material caused by you or any third party.
- Where a client chooses to host their website on a server other than those administered directly by Edge, responsibility for set up, compatibility and/or server problems remains with the client. We will not be held responsible for issues related to loss of email, loss of database information, loss of website.
- Edge will NOT be responsible for any domain name that does not reside in our account. If a domain is unlocked and moved to another provider upon request of the client/third party, Edge will no longer be held responsible for any technical issues, email, database, status, loss of service or loss of revenue related.
Hosting Service Usage Limitations
Your limitations are:
- your Material is linked into web pages
- you do not use the Hosting Service as a backup of, or repository for, your Material
- you maintain good housekeeping to maintain your Material
- you comply with our acceptable use policy
The Hosting Service package you order includes the per calendar month bandwidth allowance applicable to that hosting package as defined by us at the time of your order. The Hosting Service you have ordered will be automatically suspended if this monthly bandwidth allowance is exceeded. If this happens, you have to upgrade your Hosting Service package to one which includes a higher monthly bandwidth allowance or wait for the Hosting Service to resume at the start of the following calendar month. You will receive email notification from us of any instance where monthly bandwidth allowance has been exceeded.
When using the Services, you must comply with our Terms of Website Use and our Acceptable Use Policy. Any conflict between our terms of website use and these terms and conditions, will be resolved in favour of these terms and conditions.We shall be entitled to terminate or suspend the provision of any individual Services, if you are in breach of our Terms of Website or Acceptable Use policy.
If a problem has arisen with regard to the Services or your registered account, you can access support through email to email@example.com or via telephone: 01652 653800. Our support operating times are 9-5pm Monday to Friday.
Intellectual property rights
You, or your licensor, retain all intellectual property rights in your Material, and you grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use, store and maintain your Material on our servers and publish your Material on the Internet for the purpose of providing the Hosting Service to you. You warrant that your Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. We may make such copies as may be necessary to perform our obligations, including making back-up copies of your Material.
You will defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services or of any claim or action that your Material infringes, or allegedly infringes, the intellectual property rights of a third party.
We retain all intellectual property rights in the Hosting Services (other than in your Material). Accordingly, you must not decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Hosting Services or our software.
We do not monitor and will not have any liability for your Material or any other communication you transmit, or allow to be transmitted, by virtue of the Hosting Services.
Due to the public nature of the Internet, we shall not be liable for the protection of the privacy of electronic mail or any other information transferred through the Internet or via any network provider and no guarantee or representation is given that the Hosting Services will be free from hackers or unauthorised users. You shall be liable for the content of any emails transmitted by virtue of the Hosting Services, for any material you upload to, or allow to be uploaded to, our servers and for ensuring compliance at all times with all relevant legislation (including, but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other privacy laws, regulations and guidance notes made or issued thereunder).
All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly set out in these terms and conditions (or the documents referred to in them) are hereby expressly excluded.
We will not be responsible for the following types of losses (in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential) and whether they are caused by our negligence or otherwise:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of goodwill
- loss of software or data
- wasted expenditure (such as pay per click advertising costs)
- wasted management or office time.
Duration of the Services and cancellation
We may terminate the Contract at any time by giving you thirty (30) days advance notice by emailing you at the email address registered against your account. If we cancel the Services, we will refund to you the price you have paid for the Services on a pro-rata basis for the unexpired Minimum Term.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions, if you are in breach of an obligation of these terms and conditions we may terminate the Contract by seven (7) days notice to you and/or, at our absolute discretion, terminate or suspend without notice any individual Services we provide to you from time to time.
Expiry or termination of the services shall be without prejudice to any rights and liability of either of us arising in any way as at the date of expiry or termination.
Deletion of your data / Transfer or Access to 3rd Parties
If you cancel your Services, any data we hold or host in relation to the Services you have cancelled will be immediately and permanently deleted from our system. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to make appropriate copies of such data before you cancel your Services. Any deletion of a website will require written confirmation in the form of an email or letter. Upon receipt the website and relating emails, status database will be deleted and Edge will no longer be responsible.
Edge will not be held responsible for any financial cost loss whilst E-commerce sites are being moved from our servers.
If FTP access is granted to a third party on behalf of a client, the client is responsible for the files that are uploaded to our servers. The client will be responsible if any uploaded files are compromised, corrupt or contain viruses and any costs which we may incur.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our Services caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- misuse, alteration or interference by you or any third party of our servers or systems (including virus and hacker attacks);
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether
declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance will be deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
Terms and Conditions relating to Payments & Quotations: General
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Payments made by card via paypal will incur a 3.5% (subject to change) additional fee
- All prices quoted or invoiced exclude VAT unless otherwise stated.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Payment Terms is on a strict 30 day basis.
- 50% Deposit invoice is issued as a Pro-forma invoice with all first orders.
- Projects that exceed 30 days of production will be charged time to date monthly especially long projects such as website development.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the Client, Edge reserve the right to invoice for work completed up to that time at the standard hourly rate and for materials specially ordered.
- Any work carried out above the scope of a quotation will be invoiced separately.
- Amendments to design once signed off and after the start of the build will incur additional costs.
- The standard hourly rate is £45.00 per hour but may change without prior notice. Minimum charge for time taken work is 30 minutes.
- Quotations are based on the current costs of production and are subject to amendment by suppliers on or at any time after acceptance of the quotation. In this instance, the Client will meet any rise or fall in such costs.
- The term ‘preliminary work’ refers to any preparatory visuals and/or consultations following your acceptance of these terms and prior to receipt of your order. Edge Interactive reserve the right to charge for all preliminary work undertaken on behalf of Clients where an order is not placed with Edge or where the placing of an order is delayed by the Client. Edge reserve the right to calculate the amount of preliminary work undertaken on behalf of the Client and to charge this at the standard hourly rate. Edge also reserve the right to determine at what point the order is deemed to be delayed by the Client. Following receipt and completion of an order any costs charged for preliminary work will be deducted from the final invoice.
- Failure to pay for ANY outstanding invoices relating to print, website, hosting, email or any other of our services will result in the termination of ALL services provided.
- All files, goods, including preliminary and visual work, whether experimental or otherwise, will remain the property of Edge until paid for in full.
- Edge is unable to accept orders without written instructions and where needed a Purchase Order from the Client, any subsequent amends to orders will only be accepted in writing. Written instructions will be accepted by email, PDF or letter.
- Edge will only accept cancellation of an order on the condition that the customer meets all costs and expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation.
- When a client makes constant unreasonable additions, amendments and time delays to a website build above what was quoted, Edge reserve the right the stop the progress of a website build, review costings and requote. A further payment will be required for the project to proceed once requoted. This is so Edge do not breach our obligations pursuant to the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Additionally this is also to halt the pursuit of a client withholding payment due to an alleged breach of contract for not providing a website that is fit for purpose, satisfactory quality, intended purpose or for its initial requirements.
- Upon launch of a website, the Client is deemed to have approved the website or website amends. Any subsequent alterations requested by the client following launch will be charged extra. All images and text supplied or used on a clients website is solely the responsibility of the client. Any changes to the project going forward may require additional work and subject to the Company’s current standard rates, or as outlined in the contract between the Client and the Company.
- Under copyright law website files remain the property of Edge until paid for in full.
- Amendments to design once signed off and after the start artwork of the document will incur additional costs.
- Proofs of work will be submitted to the Client for signature, and no work will be forwarded to the printer until the Client has made such a signature and Edge has received it. No responsibility will be accepted for any errors made not corrected by the Client. Following submission to the printers, any alterations, including alterations in style made by the Client, and the cost of additional design time and proofs necessitated by such corrections will be charged as extra.
- Although every effort will be made to match colour output, there may be dissimilarity due to the different process involved in proofing and printing.
- Under the 'Retention of Goods Act' any literature designed, printed and delivered to a client will remain the property of Edge under copyright law until paid for in full. Edge hold the right to retrieve any materials not paid for. Edge will ALWAYS pursue this matter through the courts.
- Where a client chooses to use a 3rd party printer NOT approved by Edge, we will NOT take responsibility for the final printed product regarding quality of stock, colour or delivery.
Delivery of Goods
Our standard delivery times range from 3-10 working day from the sign off date of final proofs and is subject to the item ordered. Confirmation of delivery will be made upon sign off of artwork files.
You should receive your order within 1 day from the time of delivery dispatch.
We work with a contractor courier company to make deliveries to our customers on our behalf on either a next working day or same day (if agreed by the customer).